Pages

1/3/13

Bacon Wrapped lil Smokies

I love Hillshire Farms lit'l smokies® any time... we can have a party just so I can serve these! When we wrap these little cocktail weiners in a good smoked bacon, and top with brown sugar... oh my goodness. Over the top good! 

These sweet little niblets are served at our annual New Year's Eve party, and they are on my Super Bowl menu. I know. I treat my guys so good.

Bacon Wrapped lil Smokies 

Ingredients

  • 1 package lil smokies 
  • 1 package smoked bacon 
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar

Directions 

  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees
  • Cut bacon slices into thirds 
  • Wrap sliced bacon around each lil smokie and place them into a pan, 
  • Evenly spread brown sugar over the top of the bacon wrapped lil smokies.
  • Bake 40 minutes - until the bacon is crispy and the sugar is melted.

 Notes**

  • It is easier to wrap the bacon if it is cold
  • You can make these ahead and reheat at party time
  • I prefer Hillshire Farms lit'l smokies®, but you can use any brand cocktail links. 
 I'll be posting a few more of our Super Bowl Sunday recipes as it gets closer.

No comments: