Pages

1/30/08

Perfect Weather for Warm Memories

All this snow reminds me of when I was a little girl down on the farm. All of us children would come in out of the snow with red noses and frozen hands. Grandma would fix each one of us a delicious cup of spicy Russian tea to wrap our little hands around. It warmed us right up... the hot drink and all that love.

Russian Tea

Ingredients:

2 cups Tang orange drink mix
2 cups Lipton instant tea mix(sweetened)
1 cup Countrytime lemonade mix (pre-sweetened)
2 teaspoons nutmeg
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions:
Dump ingredients into a blender and give it a good whirl. Store in a
tupperware cannister. To serve, use 1 to 2 teaspoons per cup of
nearly boiling water. This recipe is easily adjusted to your own taste.


Russian tea is still one of my favorite drinks during these cold winter days. And there's a bonus when I make a cup... it's better than a Yankee candle for aromatherapy! Mmmm... sweet and spicy with a pick-me-up citrus aroma that takes me right back to Grandma's kitchen.

No comments: